about the department
The Cardiology Department of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka has gained reputation for its dynamic and innovation in the diagnosis, investigation and treatment of patients with all forms of heart diseases, both generally encountered and complex cases. We have a dedicated unit of four full-time Consultants, and a team of junior doctors, nurses, and technicians trained to the highest standard in cardiac assessment. Our specialists diagnose and manage full range of heart conditions, and we are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and complete range of services – from cardiac investigations to Interventional Cardiology procedures in ultramodern Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab). Cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation program is offered to patients through our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre. The hospital offers a multidisciplinary in-patient program, and also has complete Coronary Care Unit and Cardiothoracic ICU for critical cardiac patients. For emergency patients, we have 24-hour Accident & Emergency Centre and specialized team for stabilization and treatment of the patient.
The Department generally treats cardiac conditions related to hypertension, aortic disease, arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, high cholesterol, congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, myocardial infarction, heart failure, heart murmurs, heart valve diseases, other co-morbid conditions, etc.
consultation & appointment
Department of Cardiology provides consultation services in level-5 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultants discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
The Department of Cardiology provides state-of-the-art investigation facilities like:
- Echo Color Doppler
- Stress Test (TMT)
- Holter monitor
- Electrophysiological Study (EPS) & Ablation
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Chest x-ray
- Lab tests
Advanced Interventional Cardiology procedures are provided by the department in the hospital's ultramodern Cath Lab. Common procedures performed include:
- Laser angioplasty
- CT Coronary angiography
- Peripheral angiogram & angioplasty (carotid, subclavian, lilac femoral, renal, etc.)
- Radial angiography & angioplasty
- Directional coronary artery stenting
- Bradycardia pacing
- Coronary artery stenting
- Intra-vascular ultrasound
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Non-surgical closure of holes in the heart such as ASD, VSD and PDA
- Pacemaker implant/ ICD/ CRT implant
Note: To view our Cardiothoracic & Vascular
Surgery services, please go to Department of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery.
CRITICAL CARE: CORONARY CARE UNIT & CARDIOTHORACIC ICU
Coronary Care Unit and Cardiothoracic ICU are state-of-the-art facilities for critically ill cardiac and post-op patients, which provide round the clock individualized care supervised by specially trained ICU doctors and caregivers. The units are equipped with acute cardiac care monitors and ventilators, IABP, blood gas analysers, as well as ECHO & C-arm fluoroscopy for bedside cardiac procedures. For details on all our critical care units and services, please click Critical Care Centre.
EMERGENCY CARDIAC CARE
For patients with emergency conditions like stroke, heart attack or heart failure, the hospital represents a coordinated effort by its 24-hour Accident & Emergency Centre, as well as medical, nursing and allied health staff to ensure that patients go through timely treatment and monitoring according to clinical guidelines. Our emergency services offer round-the-clock ventilator and life support equipped ambulances with trained paramedic team on site. Emergency patients are sent directly to Coronary Care Unit (CCU) or Cath Lab (as needed). For more information on our emergency services and facilities, please click Accident & Emergency Centre.
Patients are provided with specialized out-patient and in-patient rehabilitation services through our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre, and are offered comprehensive services and care of the highest quality. We have expert Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Consultant who supervises the patient's rehabilitation through a wide range of therapies, including occupational therapy and physiotherapy. For more information on our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation services and facilities, please click Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre. .
APOLLO HEART CHECK
| Apollo Heart Check | Price: BDT 9,500 |
- Complete Haemogram & ESR
- Blood Sugar
Fasting, 2 hours post prandial
- Urine Sugar
Fasting, 2 hours post prandial
- Lipid Profile
Serum Total Cholesterol, Serum Triglyceride, High-density Lipoprotein (HDL-Cholesterol), Low-density Lipoprotein (LDL- Cholesterol), Atherosclerosis Index (Total Cholesterol/HDL-Cholesterol)
- Liver Function Test
Serum Bilirubin (Total, Direct, Indirect), Alanine Transaminase (ALT), Aspartate Transaminase (AST), Alkaline Phosphatase, Glutamyltransferase (GGT), Serum Total Protein, Serum Albumin, Serum Globulin.
- Renal Function Test
Blood Urea, Serum Creatinine, Serum Uric Acid
- Urine R/E (Urine Routine Exam)
- Stool R/E (Stool Routine Exam)
- X-Ray Chest (P/A View)
- Echo Cardiogram
- TMT (Treadmill Test)
- Diet Counselling
Note: Single or multiple view x-rays of affected areas may be required as per advice of the respective Consultant.
Apollo Heart Check, offered through our Master Health Check (MHC) Clinic, is recommended for people with cardiac symptoms or with a strong family history of heart diseases. For more details and appointment for Apollo Heart Check, please contact our MHC desk at 02-8401600 or 02-8401661 (Ext.-2141).
MHC Services are available from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, six days a week (except Friday). To view all our MHC packages, go to Master Health Check page.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make Appointment page.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient's chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient's response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives: