about the department
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka, in all probability, has the best orthopaedic department in the country, serving to provide 360º care as a Bone & Joint Centre. The Department of Orthopaedics has three full-time Consultants, one part-time Consultant, a number of junior doctors, and supporting paramedical staff trained to deliver a 100% success rate. Our team diagnoses, operates and treats problems affecting the bones, joints and muscles of patients encompassing all age groups.
The Department of Orthopaedics offers out-patient consultation services and procedures. It is well supported by fully equipped operation theatre (OT), intensive care units for pre- and post- operative care, as well as rehabilitation services in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre. The state-of-the-art OT is equipped with the latest fracture tables and imaging facilities including a C-arm image intensifier. The hospital is also equipped with CT scan (64 slice), MRI Scan (1.5 tesla), and X-ray for prompt screening facilities. The theatre is scrupulously maintained such that the infection rate is always near zero.
The orthopaedic conditions we commonly treat in our Department include:
- Back Pain
- Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
- Broken bones
- Cavus Foot
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH)
- Dwarfism and Bone Dysplasias
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Infections
- Lgg-Calvé-Perthes Disease
- MCL Injuries
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD)
- PCL Injuries
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis (SCFE)
- Spinal Tumors
- Sports Injuries
- Tarsal Coalition
- Torn ligaments
Note: To know about conditions and injuries of the knee, as well as knee surgeries, please go to Apollo Knee Centre.
consultation & appointmenTS
The Department provides consultation services in level-1 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Orthopaedic Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
Consultants in the Department of Orthopaedics:
||Dr. Nandkumar Katakdhond
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), SICOT Diploma,
Fellow Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
ISAKOS Fellow USA and Europe
Senior Consultant – Orthopaedics
| View Consultant Profile | Make Appointment |
Some of the multiple surgical treatments provided under this department include:
- Pedicle screw fixation
- Anterior casper plating for C-spine
- Spondylolisthesis correction
- Spinal correction
- Anterior or anterolateral decompression for TB spine
- Stabilization for fracture spine by - Hartshill fixation
- Supracondylar nailing
- Plating (long bones)
- DHS (Hip)
- Cannulated screw fixation
- External fixation for open fractures
- Tension band wiring
- Pelvic fracture fixation
- K wire fixation
- Closed reduction of fractures
- Repair of vascular and soft tissue injuries
- Interlocking nailing (femur, tibia, humerus)
- DCS & Buttress plating (fractures around joints)
- Diagnostic arthroscopy
- Reconstructive arthroscopy
- Ligament repair
- Recurrent dislocation surgery
Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- CTEV correction
- CDH correction
- Other congenital deformity correction
- CP deformity correction
- Post-polio deformity correction
- En block excision
Patients are provided with specialized rehabilitation services (as needed) pre- and post-surgery through our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre and are offered comprehensive services and care of the highest quality. We have an expert Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Consultant who supervises the patient’s rehabilitation through a wide range of therapies, including occupational therapy and physiotherapy. For more information on our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation services and facilities, please go to Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre.
APOLLO JOINT PAIN & ARTHRITIS CHECK
Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check, offered by our Master Health Check, is recommended for people over the age of 40 who are experiencing at least some symptoms of arthritis. These symptoms typically become worse as time goes by. So, if you are experiencing joint pain, Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check is an ideal screening test for you, which will determine if you have arthritis and can then assist you in planning an appropriate treatment program.
| Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check | Price: BDT 5,000 |
- Complete Haemogram & ESR
- Blood Sugar: Random
- Rheumatoid Factor
- Serum Uric Acid
- Serum Inorganic Phosphate
- Serum Calcium
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- CRP (C-Reactive Protein)
- ASO (Anti Streptolysin O)
- Diet Counselling
- Physiotherapy Evaluation
Note: Single or multiple view x-rays of affected areas may be required as per advice of the respective Consultant.
For more details and appointment for Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check, please contact our Master Health Check desk:
MHC Services are available from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, six days a week (except Friday).
To view all our Master Health Check packages, click Master Health Check.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make Appointment page.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient's chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient's response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives: