ABOUT THE UNIT
The Day Care Unit is a unique wing of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka to help patients with specific need-based treatment in an out-patient basis. Patients in Day Care are those who undergo procedures not requiring overnight nursing care or stay in the hospital. Patients can have the procedure and then rest and be monitored in Day Care Unit for a few hours after the procedure. Afterwards, they can return home that same day. The hospital has four Day Care Units, all of which provide proper monitoring and care by staff nurse and Consultants who are in touch at all times about patient's condition. All beds in Day Care Unit are equipped with life supports. Tariff for availing Day Care Unit facility (maximum 6 hours stay) is Tk. 400 per hour.
BENEFITS OF DAY CARE UNIT
Day Care Unit provides an effective option for treating patients with benefits like:
- Saving time and money of patients and their families
- Allowing patients to maintain communication and contact with home
- Minimizing risks of developing hospital acquired infection
- Avoiding night stay in the hospital, away from family
- Spending justified amount of money for treatment, as required
APOLLO DAY CARE UNITS
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka has four Day Care Units with a total of 25 beds. Our Day Care Units are:
- Chemotherapy Day Care Unit
Apollo Chemotherapy Day Care Unit is dedicated to providing chemotherapy services for the management of cancer patients. Medical oncologists at Apollo often utilize chemotherapy, which uses systemic treatment in the form of intravenous injections of anticancer drugs or, less commonly, oral medications to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy Day Care is located in level-2 of the hospital and has 5 beds.
To know more about our chemotherapy and cancer management services, please go to Department of Medical Oncology
Contact: (02)-8401661 Ext: 1150
- Radial Lounge Day Care Unit
Radial Lounge Day Care (under Cardiology Department), is located in level-4 of the hospital and has 8 beds.
Contact: (02)-8401661 Ext: 1290, 1275
- Lithotripsy Day Care Unit
Lithotripsy Day Care (under Urology Department) is located in level-5 of the hospital and has 4 beds.
Contact: (02)-8401661 Ext: 1098
FACILITIES IN DAY CARE UNIT
- Proper monitoring and care by staff nurse
- Consultants who are in touch at all times about patient’s condition
- Available life support facilities equipped with all beds
HOW TO GET ADMIITTED IN DAY CARE UNIT
- Collect an Admission Form from your Consultant before taking admission
- Fill-up the Admission Form and go to Admission Desk (level-1) with the completed form and payment
- Officers at the Admission Desk will send you to be admitted in the designated Day Care Unit
For a more detailed guide, go to our Admission & Payment page