WHO IS A DUTY MANAGER?
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka aims to keep all its patients fully satisfied, even during odd hours, because our patients and their attendants are the most important assets of our hospital. To ensure that all the operational activities of the hospital are running smoothly in the odd hours of night and on holidays, we have dedicated Duty Manager who ensures that both patients and doctors receive the proper support and coordination.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A DUTY MANAGER
The Duty Manager performs a variety of work which keeps our hospital running smoothly, ensuring right and timely patient service. The major activities are listed below:
- Enquiring about all the security staff, as well as other hospital staff, to make sure that all the stations are ready to serve patients and to provide support to the doctors on duty.
- Addressing all major hand-over issues received from the day time in-charge which may need to be resolved at night.
- Performing regular and spot-check of all service care units with a fantastic team comprised of Duty Manager, Nursing Supervisor, Housekeeping Supervisor, and Security Supervisor. Maintenance of high service standards are ensured by this team through their routine visits together to every ward and floor.
- Enquiring about the need of any patient and trying to solve them. Any patient or visitor complaints are proactively dealt with.
- Recording all the incidences that require attention of the management and subsequent support.
- Dealing with urgent calls and situations from the emergency, intensive care unit (ICU) or wards by providing necessary support for both the internal and external customers.
- Making sure that the staff support facilities are available in good order, such as cafeteria food and transport availabilities at night.
- Providing logistic and administrative support to medical staff, On-duty Nursing Administrator and Emergency services as and when required.
- Keeping on-call doctors posted about any major untoward event and seeking their advice and support with any uncertainties regarding a decision or course of action.
- Streamlining all activities from admission to in-patient care, as well as bill payment to discharge of the patients.
CONTACT DUTY MANAGER
For enquiries or guidance within the hospital during the night hours and holidays, please call our Duty Manager at 01713064563.