ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Haematology is the branch of medicine which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the blood and bone marrow (blood-forming tissue). Department of Haematology of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka provides modern treatment and management for many patients with a wide spectrum of benign and malignant blood-related disorders, under care of skilled Haematology Consultant Prof. (Dr.) Moniruzzaman. We provide consultative services where our Consultant gives medical advice and knowledge about managing a haematological patient. The hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art Haematology Lab, under coordination of our Haematology Consultant, through which we offer comprehensive analysis and interpretation of various haematological tests for appropriate screening, diagnosis and check-up. Regular high blood transfusions for haematological patients are performed at the hospital. Apollo Blood Bank stores whole blood, fresh frozen plasma and platelets for ready transfusion and is in service 24 hours a day. The Blood Bank uses cutting-edge technology and has the most secure blood transfusion policy, maintaining quality in every stride. For any emergency requirement of blood or information to donate blood, please contact Apollo Blood Bank:01713 041277.
The department manages variety of haematological diseases including:
- Anaemia, e.g. iron deficiency anaemia, nutritional anemia, B12 & folate deficiency, and other haemolytic anaemia
- Bleeding diseases
- Bone marrow diseases
Consultation & Appointments
The department provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Haematology Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
Consultant in Department of Haematology:
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make Appointment page.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient's chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient's response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives: