about the department
The Department of Nephrology of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka is a leading provider of services for patients with kidney diseases, including the diagnosis and management all forms of kidney diseases, as well as dialysis services through Apollo Dialysis Unit. The department is also part of our kidney transplant program in association with Department of Urology. Our kidney transplant program has a 100% success rate with nearly zero infection. We have expert Nephrology Consultant, junior doctors, nurses and technicians who are highly experienced in patient care, and are treating hundreds of patients with kidney disorders.
Common kidney-related diagnoses managed by the Department of Nephrology include:
- Water & electrolyte disorders
- Inherited kidney diseases
- Kidney diseases in pregnancy
- Nephritis and vasculitis
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Early renal failure
- End-stage renal failure (dialysis or kidney transplantation)
- Secondary diseases of the kidney
Note: Surgeries for kidney and urinary diseases, lithotripsy for kidney stones, and management of urinary disorders and male infertility problems are handled by Department of Urology.
consultation & appointmentS
Department of Nephrology provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
Consultant in the Department of Nephrology:
Dr. Krishna Mohan Sahu
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DNB (Nephrology), DM (Nephrology), Fellowship - Nephrology (Canada)
Coordinator & Senior Consultant – Nephrology & Dialysis
| View Consultant Profile | Make Appointment |
The department provides dialysis services on an out-patient and in-patient basis through Apollo Dialysis Unit, located in level-2 (OPD). We provide both haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis (the two primary types of dialysis), as well as Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) for medically unstable patients. We have single haemodialysis machines, portable machines, as well as dedicated machines for patients with infectious diseases. Our dialysis services are offered from 7 am to 11 pm every day of the week. With high level of experience and skill, the medical and nursing staff keeps the dialysis patients under close observation and monitoring. The unit and its patients are directly supervised and followed-up by our highly experienced Nephrology Consultant.
For details on our dialysis services, please click Dialysis Unit.
KIDNEY TRANSPLANT PROGRAM
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka offers the safest kidney transplant program in the country with 100% success rate and almost zero infection. The program runs in collaboration with Department of Urology, as well as a multidisciplinary medical team. Our urologists are highly qualified and experienced in kidney transplant operations. The hospital provides comprehensive transplant services – before surgery, during surgery and after surgery – for the best management of patients, including a dedicated Kidney Transplant Unit. For details, go to our page on Kidney Transplant Program.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make Appointment page.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient's chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient's response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives: