ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Paediatrics of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka provides comprehensive healthcare services for children and adolescents below the age of 15. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to care, primarily provided by our expert paediatric specialists, as well as a multi-specialty team of clinicians and surgeons. Our specialists have advanced training and vast experience in virtually every sub-discipline of paediatric medicine. Our paediatric services provide family centred care that is consistent, supportive and nurturing which meets the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of our patients. We provide state-of-the-art paediatric care in the form of open communication, emotional support and education to all of our patients as well to their families. Our goal is to maintain an environment conducive to healing that is reflective of trust, honesty and respect to our patients, their families and our staff.
consultation & appointmentS
Department of Paediatrics provides consultation services in level-5 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, they discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective one. Our children patients are dealt very delicately and with compassion, keeping in mind the emotion and feelings of the parents and family. Our OPD waiting area has a friendly environment for children, with a built-in children’s playground where they can play.
Consultants in the Department of Paediatrics:
Dr. Abu Sayeed Mohammad Iqbal
MBBS, FCPS, MD, Fellow (Singapore), Neonatal Training in Singapore & Australia
Coordinator & Senior Consultant – Neonatology & Neonatal ICU; Senior Consultant - Paediatrics
| View Consultant Profile | Make Appointment |
The Department of Paediatrics of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka provides clinical services for a variety of paediatric specialties:
We offer comprehensive primary care to children from birth through adolescence with an expert medical team providing comprehensive hospital care to children of all ages.
- Paediatric Allergy, Immunology, Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases
The department assists in the diagnosis and management of children with a broad range of immunological diseases and infections. These include known or suspected immune deficiencies, allergic diseases (e.g., asthma, allergic rhinitis, drug and insect allergy), rheumatologic (i.e., related to muscles, tendons or joints) or autoimmune diseases (i.e., immune response of the body against substance normally present in the body).
We provide multidisciplinary approach with a team of paediatricians, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and paediatric surgeons for comprehensive services to children and adolescents with known or suspected heart diseases. To view details on the hospital’s Cardiology services, go to Department of Cardiology and Department of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery.
- Paediatric Developmental and Behavioural Medicine
We provide comprehensive assessments for children and adolescents who have developmental and behavioural challenges.
The department, in collaboration of Endocrinology Department, manages diseases and disorders of the glands in children. Endocrine diseases include growth problems; deficiencies or excesses of hormones from the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal or pancreas; disorders of sex differentiation; and diabetes.
- Paediatric Gastroenterology
In collaboration with Gastroenterology Department, we specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders involving the gastrointestinal tract (GI), including the oesophagus, stomach, tract, liver, billiary tree and pancreas, in children and adolescents.
- Paediatric Haematology & Medical Oncology
The department aims to manage children and adolescents with blood diseases and cancer in association with the hospital’s Haematology Department and Medical Oncology Department (chemotherapy) respectively. We have experienced General/Lap Surgeons who are successfully performing variety of surgeries for cancer removal, as well as reconstructive surgeries.
- Paediatric Nephrology and Hypertension
In collaboration with Nephrology Department, Department of Paediatrics provides diagnosis and management of kidney disorders and abnormally high blood pressure. The hospital’s Dialysis Unit provides management of end-stage renal failure. Kidney transplant surgeries are provided by Department of Urology.
We provide comprehensive services for infants and children with lung problems in association with Respiratory Medicine Department. Some of the conditions treated in our clinics include chronic cough, chronic wheezing, recurrent pneumonia, airway problems, bronchitis, apnea (where breathing stops temporarily), sleep disorders, and cystic fibrosis.
NEWBORN HEARING SCREENING
Apollo Newborn Hearing Screening aims to detect hearing loss in newborns and other babies early in order to facilitate intervention and treatment as quickly as possible. One to two babies in 1000 have significant hearing impairment at birth and are at risk for speech, language, intellectual, social and emotional development. Without a screening test, this impairment may not be detected until much later. Early detection, followed by appropriate intervention, will minimize the harmful effects on the child's development. The screening test should preferably be done within the first six months of the baby's birth.
Apollo Newborn Screening is performed by trained staff under supervision of a paediatrician, who is backed by ENT surgeons. The test takes only a few minutes and will not hurt the baby in any way. The test uses Otoacoustic Emission (OAE), where a small soft-tipped earpiece is placed in the outer part of the baby's ear which sends clicking sounds down the ear. When an ear receives the sound, the inner part (known as the cochlear), usually produces an echo. The screening equipment can pick-up the response.
Newborn Hearing Screening is offered to all babies born at Apollo Hospitals Dhaka. It is also available for other babies at Apollo Paediatrics OPD, Saturday - Thursday. To make an appointment for Newborn Hearing Screening, please call our Paediatrics OPD at 02-8401661 Ext: 5153.
PAEDIATRIC SPECIALTIES HANDLED BY OTHER DEPARTMENTS
- Department of Neonatology provides care for newborns, as well as management of complex conditions in newborns and premature babies in Neonatal ICU
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make Appointment page.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient's chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient's response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium - level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives: